Last Updated: January 1, 2021
Information We Collect
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Website, including:
- Contact Information: We collect contact information, which includes personal information such as first and last name, email address, phone number, and postal address.
- Location: We use automated technologies to learn your geographic location, including by collecting your IP address or other device information, which may depend on your device’s settings for location services.
- Payment Details: We may collect and securely store any payment details in connection with a transaction, including your credit or debit card and billing address.
- Website Interactions: We collect information about your interactions with the Website, including pages visited, links clicked, buttons clicked, mouse movement, scroll behavior, and keystroke activity. This data may then be used to create a “session replay” of your interaction, which may be used to troubleshoot Website issues, to improve site functionality, and to analyze user interaction. This information could include personal information, depending on what information you provide.
How Your Information is Collected
We may collect the information described above directly from you, from third parties we partner with, or through cookies or other automated means. These sources may include:
- You: We collect information directly from you, whenever you enter into a transaction, contact us with questions or comments, upload content to the Website, create a user account with the Website, respond to an email, or fill out any forms on the Website.
- Your Device or Browser: Certain information is automatically collected from your device or browser and analyzed when you visit the Website. This information consists of IP addresses, browser type and language, referring and exit pages and URLs, date and time, amount of time spent on particular pages, what sections of the Website users visit, and other information concerning your use of the Website. We may use analytics service providers to facilitate this collection and improve the Website.
- Third Parties: We work with third parties who provide services to us, such as web hosting and e-commerce services. These third parties may share the information they have collected with us. Your information may also be collected and processed by third parties, such as the payment providers you select, who will process your information independently in accordance with their own privacy policies. Your information may also be shared with us by other customers, such as your friends and family, when they use a service on the Website; for example, by referring you to our email list. If another customer has provided us with your information, we will only process your information for the applicable purposes as described in How We Use Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us for the following business purposes:
- Advertising/Marketing: Presenting you with information about products, services, surveys, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by us and others.
- Communications: Sending you technical updates, security alerts, news and other updates about the Website or services, and support and administrative messages.
- Customer Service: Responding to your comments, questions, and requests; and linking or combining your information with information we get from third parties to help understand your needs and improve your customer experience.
- Fulfillment: Providing the information, products, and services you request from us; processing transactions and sending you order-related information, including confirmations and receipts; and fulfilling any other purpose for which your information was collected.
- Legal Obligations: Complying with legal and regulatory requirements; responding to requests from courts or other governmental bodies; and carrying out our obligations and enforcing our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- Operations: Providing, maintaining, improving, and promoting the Website and services; monitoring and analyzing trends, usage and activities in connection with our services.
- Personalization: Personalizing our relationship with you, including providing services, advertisements, content, or other features that may cater to your user profile or interests.
- Promotions: Facilitating contests, sweepstakes, and other promotions, including processing entries and delivering rewards.
How We Share Information
We may share personal information with third parties for certain purposes as described here:
- Legal Obligations: We may share your information to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- Parties to a Business Transaction: We may share your information in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of The eLearning Designer’s Academy assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by The eLearning Designer’s Academy about the Website users is among the assets transferred to a buyer or other successor.
- Service Providers: We may share your information with vendors, consultants, and other service providers who perform services on our behalf related to any of the purposes described in How We Use Your Information. We may also receive information collected by these third parties and combine it with the information we have collected.
Your Privacy Choices
You can control the information we collect and use in the following ways:
- Account Information: You may review, correct, or modify information maintained in your online account at any time by logging into your account and updating your profile information. If you wish to delete or deactivate your account, please email us at [email protected], but note that some information you provide through the services may continue to be accessible (e.g., comments you submit through the services). Additionally, we may continue to store information about you as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
- Cookies: Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability or functionality of our services.
- Emails: You may manage your receipt of marketing communications by following the instructions at the bottom of any of The eLearning Designer’s Academy’s marketing emails or by sending an email to [email protected] If you opt-out of marketing communications, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, a specific transaction, or our ongoing business relationship with you.
- California Consumer Protection Act: Residents of California may have additional personal information rights and privacy choices pursuant to the California Consumer Protection Act (“CCPA”). Please see https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa for more information about these rights. If you are a resident of California and you wish to exercise your privacy rights under the CCPA, please email us at [email protected] with the specific nature of your request. The eLearning Designer’s Academy will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under the CCPA.
The owner of the Website is based in the State of Arizona in the United States. We provide this Website for use only by persons located in the United States. We make no claims that the Website or any of its content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. The Website is not intended for anyone that the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) applies. Please do not use the Website if you are someone the GDPR applies to. By using the Website, you represent and warrant that rights under the GDPR do not apply to you.
By accessing the Website while located outside the United States, you agree and consent that any personal information provided may be stored on servers located in the United States. You also agree and consent to the storage, transfer, and processing of personal information on servers outside of the country they are located in or reside in. You agree and acknowledge that the level of protection of any such information may be different than required under the laws of your residence or location.
We have implemented measures to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. These measures include restricted access to our database and authorized access only to our backend service. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not 100% secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. We ask that you keep your account password confidential, log out of your account at the end of each session, and use particular caution when accessing your account using a public or shared computer.
The Website is not intended for anyone under 18 years of age. No one under 18 should share any personal information with us and we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 18. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 18, we will make reasonable efforts to delete that information from our records. To request deletion of personal information relating to a child under 18, please email [email protected]
Changes to this Policy